Hello and welcome to the first post of my new blog, The 58th Floor.
This blog was created for a few reasons. One of those reasons is to try to combat my boredom throughout summer in Dubai! But mainly, I want to be able to share the knowledge that I have picked up in my short time in Dubai, and help others to enjoy their time here, too.
Coming from New Zealand, I also like to find the little bits of Aotearoa in Dubai, and love sharing these with others. Us New Zealanders relish traveling and seeing new places – as you will see from my upcoming travel reviews and suggested itineraries!
I plan to publish posts across a range of different areas, falling into the broad categories below:
- Travel – everything from 24 hour itineraries to week-long trips
- See and Du-bai – things to do in Dubai!
- People – interesting people from all over the world, as well as Dubai
- We love – local products and shops
- Eat – local foods and eateries
- How to – various guides to help you out!
- Musings – everything else that doesn’t have a home!
If you want to get more out of your time in Dubai, or just to learn a little more about the world around you, I encourage you to follow along!
All the best,